Thursday, July 28, 2011

Personal Best

This year I've been running shorter races - 10ks to be exact.  I've been trying to do a personal best for each one.  I ran for the first time in the Whitefish Lake 10k Run.  I was hoping to come in under 1 hour . . . I ran it in 55 minutes!  My average mile was 8:50 minute/mile!  I was so happy.  I stayed for awards and came in 1st for my age group.  I came in 10th for over-all womens.  So, I was a happy runner that day.  The run was beautiful!  Up pretty early so we could be bussed to the starting location.  The port-a-potties didn't arrive before we boarded the bus, so I was a little worried about that.  The race didn't start until 8 am and we were at the top of the mountain by 7am!  I decided to warm up a little by walking along the road.  I was secretly hoping to find a large bush I could hide behind to do "my thing."  Fortunately, I ran into some construction on a road and found a port-a-pottie!  Whew!  NOW I was ready to begin the race!  It was fun.  The volunteers were great and the t-shirt was actually a good one!  I'll wear it over and over again as I do my daily runs.  Thanks Whitefish Lake 10k Run for the memories!  ps.  my next 10k race is August 27th (Sat.) - Whitefish Friends/Family 10k Run.  Again, I'll try to best my 55 minutes.  Maybe try and cut another 2 minutes off?

1 comment:

  1. Mom, you're such an inspiration!! and I know exactly how you feel about getting everything out before you run, I need the same thing.

    ReplyDelete