Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Done!

I did it!  I finished all my spring cleaning before spring is actually over!  I worked really hard during the days and sometimes at night.  But it paid off . . . a nice "deep-cleaned" home.  Of course, there are a couple of "little things" left to do.  I want to put up new tile back-splash in the kitchen.  So when I pull out the fridge and oven to clean under, that's when I'll chip off the old tile and put up the new.  So excited.  The other project is to renovate my existing fireplace.  I may even put up a new mantle . . .   Another project, I want to install slate flooring on our little deck.  Whew!  My goal is to hopefully get that done over the summer.  Oh yes!  I want to refinish an existing gold mirror that I have.  Sarah, my daughter inspired me.  She refinished an oval mirror - beautiful job!  My mirror has been around for quite a few years but is still beautiful.  Gold is dated now, but this mirror  has a lot of design and crevices, so I think I'll spray it ivory and glaze it black or gray in the crevices.  When my 3 daughters come for a short visit next month, I'm going to ask what they think . . . Now I just need to get my husband to HELP me with all of this!

3 comments:

  1. mantel!! yes! I say re-do the mantel! although I'll admit that I don't know what it looks like right now, but it would be so fun to make a nice fancy one! I love that you're already done spring cleaning, so inspiring. I'm excited to see the mirror, but remember the most important part: Take a before picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mumzie! You have a lot of projects coming up. I love projects. Such a feeling of accomplishment. One at a time though. Which one are you going to do first? I like to do the one I am excited about the most first. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh, ...you're making me tired just reading this. Where does your energy come from? Coke Slurpees? Okay. I'll go get one. ;)

    That's awesome Mom that you're finished your Spring cleaning. I hinted (nay, ...I called him and told him) that I wanted him to hire someone to clean our house, ...and there was a deal-find in Edmonton, so he bought a bunch for me! The first cleaning happens while we are visiting you and Dad. yeay!

    ReplyDelete